Saturday, June 4, 2011


 On vacation in Tofo, just after boiling the massive crabs we bought on the beach...Crab peanut curry anyone?

 A fishing boat off the beach in Vilanculos, a small beach town in the South where a big group of us met for the holiday.


Representing our region in the beach games on a glorious April day!

On the beach in Barra, another beach town in the South just after successful completing our first ever scuba dive...anyone see a paper fish?
Back at site, my English theater group celebrating after our theater performance in front of the school!


Me and one of my students, Isaca, posing in front of "Wake Up!" the English newspaper written by students in my English club that we had just posted in the school's announcement board.


 Anita, Diana, Me, Linda and Tim working on the pinatas for Children's Day!


 Trying to figure out the water balloon toss on Children's Day


 Just before he almost knocked a few kids' heads off, Pandango, a 12th grade students, demonstrating how to nail a pinata as the rain started pouring down.


About half of my revamped garden behind my house.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian,

    My name is James, and I actually served as a PCV in Mangunde from 2005 to 2009. I stumbled onto your blog, and it's bringing back a flood of memories. I'm especially happy to hear the news on Gracinda, Jacinto, and Lino. And is that Young Marvin in the English Drama Club?

    Thank you for making the time to blog about your experience in Mozambique. It sounds like you're doing some great work. Please let the older students (probably 11th and 12th graders) know that "Teacher James" says hello!

    Thanks!
    James

    ReplyDelete